Fixed wing ops: OK Helicopter ops: OK
Runway in use: 21, circuit direction: RH, closing at: 1800.
Information current as of 08:51 on 10/12/2018 (local).
New AFIS Frequency 122.705 MHz nw in use at Sywell
Mon 10th December 2018
ALL TIMES LOCAL
Unofficial Met Observation ~ 0850 270/06kts 9999 Nil BKN020 QNH1025 QFE1010 OAT PS06 DP PS02
Met Warnings:- Nil
Helicopter Circuit ~ LH
RFFS Cat ~ 2
Sunset ~ 1550
Warnings (See below for 2 Excel programme) ~
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
2. Sywell AFIS Frequency Change. Due to the change over to an 8.33 kHz frequency, Sywell Information will be 122.705 WEF 1st April 2018 Aircraft unable to comply will need to operate NORDO subject to an AFIS briefing. Aircraft that are NORDO will not be permitted to fly circuits or out of hours.
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
5. New AFIS telephone number 01604 801630
8. New Grass Rwy 14/32 now marked, awaiting Licensing. AVOID the newly chalked part west of 03L/21R
9. AGL Rwy 03L/21R New PERM Runway edge, threshold and touchdown lights installed. Exercise caution when turning or vacating this runway.
10. Revised Helicopter Joining Procedures. Heli ATZ Entry/Exit points now via "Heli East, Heli West, Heli Northeast"
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
1. Wellesbourne wef 29th Oct 2018 new freq/channel 124.030
2. Coventry All instrument procedures and ATC services withdrawn. AFIS now available. Changes to RFF Category.
3. Cranfield Frequency Change: Apri 1st 2018 APP-122.855, TWR-134.930, ATS-121.880
4. Turweston wef 1st Aug 18 new freq/channel will be 122.180
5. Enstone wef 1st Aug 18 new freq/channel will be 129.880
6. Oxford wef 6th Jul 18 new freq/channel TWR 133.430 DIR 119.980
7. Silverstone Frequency now 130.280
8. Old Warden Frequency now 130.705
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:-
SLOT 1 1100-1120; SLOT 2 1300-1320; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 10th Dec - Nothing Planned
Tues 11th Dec - Nothing Planned
Weds 12th Dec - Nothing Planned
Thu 13th Dec - Nothing planned
Fri 14th Dec - Nothing planned
Sat 15th Dec - Nothing Planned
Sun 16th Dec - Nothing Planned
Please see the events page.