Fixed wing ops: Use caution (see below) Helicopter ops: Use caution (see below)
Sywell is unavailable to aircraft requiring the use of a licensed Aerodrome today.
Information current as of 17:30 on 04/11/2020 (local).
COVID 19 UPDATE
From Thu 5th Nov the Aerodrome Operating Hours will be as folows;
Mondays - Aerodrome unlicensed, no AFIS, RFFS or fuel available
Tuesdays to Fridays - Aerodrome unlicensed RFFS Cat 1 and fuel available
Weekends - Aerodrome unlicensed No AFIS or RFFS. Fuel available, no rotors running JETA1
Mon-Fri 03L/21R Restricted use, may not be available for aircraft movements. PPR through 01604 801620
CAUTION WIP SE CORNER new taxyway Alpha extension and Blister hangar construction
Unofficial Weather -
Weather Warnings -
RFF Category ~
Helicopter Circuit ~
Blades Flying Programme ~ See below
RNAV (GNSS) Instrument Approach Slots ~ The ATZ will be sterilised prior to the commencement of any IAP. All aircraft will need to land or leave the ATZ prior to an IAP.
Booked slots and aircraft type;
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
4. Mon-Fri Rwy 03L/21R restricted use to aircraft at all times
5. New AFIS telephone number 01604 801630
6. RFF Category reduced to ONE UFN
7. CAUTION; Building 250m in the undershoot to Rwy 03R
8. AVGAS/MOGAS available during AD Op Hours
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
1. Wellesbourne ATZ and AD Op Daily 1000-1600 strictly PPR
2. Coventry AD open Tue-Sat 0900-1800, closed Sun and Mon strictly PPR
3. Cambridge ATZ and AD open daily 1000-1800
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:- NOTE CHANGES TO AM SLOT TIMES
SLOT 1 1000-1020; SLOT 2 1200-1220; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 2nd Nov ~
Tue 3rd Nov ~
Wed 4th Nov~
Thu 5th Nov ~
Fri 6th Nov~
Please see the events page.