Fixed wing ops: OK Helicopter ops: OK
Runway in use: 21, circuit direction: RH, closing at: 1800.
Information current as of 13:44 on 06/09/2017 (local).
Weds 6th September 2017
ALL TIMES LOCAL
Unofficial Met Observation ~ 0833 220/08 CAVOK H1016 E1001 +13/+10
Met Warnings ~ Nil
RFFS Category ~ 2
Helicopter Circuit ~ N/A
Sunset ~ 1939
Warnings (See below for 2 Excel programme) ~
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
2. Rwy 15/33 now PERM closed due to hangar construction in the SE corner (L5360/16)
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
4. Tue 7th Nov - No Fire and Rescue available, staff training day at Luton. No JETA1 refuelling available.
6. Please avoid trampling freshly chalked markings and avoid running up engines to high power in front of runway designators.
8. New Grass Rwy 14/32 now marked, awaiting Licensing.
9. Rwy 03L/21R New PERM Runway edge, threshold and touchdown lights installed. Exercise caution when turning or vacating this runway.
10. Revised Helicopter Joining Procedures. Heli ATZ Entry/Exit points now via "Heli East, Heli West, Heli Northeast"
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
2. Coventry All instrument procedures and ATC services withdrawn. Air Ground service only now available. Changes to RFF Category.
4. East Midlands are now a provider of a LARS. Revised SSR codes See Notam B0588/17 & C1744/17
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:-
SLOT 1 1100-1120; SLOT 2 1300-1320; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 11th Sep - TBN
Tue 12th Sep - TBN
Wed 6th Sep - Slot 2
Thur 7th Sep - All 3 Slots
Fri 8th Sep - Depart to Sanicole, Belgium
Sat 9th Sep - Display Sanicole
Sun 10th Sep - Display Sanicole & retirn to Sywell, time TBN
Please see the events page.