Fixed wing ops: OK Helicopter ops: OK
Runway in use: 23, circuit direction: LH, closing at: 1800.
Information current as of 15:22 on 18/07/2018 (local).
New AFIS Frequency 122.705 MHz now in use at Sywell
Weds 18th July 2018
ALL TIMES LOCAL
Unofficial Met Observation ~ 1520 230v280/06 9999 Nil SCT040 Est H1016 E1001 +22/+08
Weather Warnings ~ Nil
Helicopter Circuit ~ RH
Sunset ~ 2115
Warnings (See below for 2 Excel programme) ~
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
2. Sywell AFIS Frequency Change. Due to the change over to an 8.33 kHz frequency, Sywell Information will be 122.705 WEF 1st April 2018 Aircraft unable to comply will need to operate NORDO subject to an AFIS briefing. Aircraft that are NORDO will not be permitted to fly circuits or out of hours.
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
5. New AFIS telephone number 01604 801630
8. New Grass Rwy 14/32 now marked, awaiting Licensing.
9. Rwy 03L/21R New PERM Runway edge, threshold and touchdown lights installed. Exercise caution when turning or vacating this runway.
10. Revised Helicopter Joining Procedures. Heli ATZ Entry/Exit points now via "Heli East, Heli West, Heli Northeast"
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
2. Coventry All instrument procedures and ATC services withdrawn. AFIS now available. Changes to RFF Category.
3. Cranfield Frequency Change: Apri 1st 2018 APP-122.855, TWR-134.930, ATS-121.880
4. Turweston wef 1st Aug 18 new freq/channel will be 122.180
5. Enstone wef 1st Aug 18 new freq/channel will be 129.880
6. Oxford wef 6th Jul 18 new freq/channel TWR 133.430 DIR 119.980
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:-
SLOT 1 1100-1120; SLOT 2 1300-1320; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 16th Jul to Sat 21st Jul - Farnborough Airshow
Sun 22nd Jul - fm EGLF
Mon 23rd Jul - Nothing planned (N540BM depart to Budapest)
Tue 24th Jul - Nothing planned
Please see the events page.