Fixed wing ops: Use caution (see below) Helicopter ops: OK
Runway in use: 23, circuit direction: LH, closing at: 1800.
Information current as of 16:22 on 25/04/2018 (local).
New AFIS Frequency 122.705 mHz now in use at Sywell
Weds 25th April 2018
ALL TIMES LOCAL
Unofficial Met Observation ~ 1420 26012 9999 SHVC FEWCB030 Est H1009 E994 OAT PS09 DP PS04
Met Warnings ~
Strong Wind :- W Winds with mean 20kt at times and gusts of 30kt may occur. Valid to 252200
Thunderstorm and Hail Valid to 251900
Helicopter Circuit ~ RH
Sunset ~ 2017
Warnings (See below for 2 Excel programme) ~
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
2. Sywell AFIS Frequency Change. Due to the change over to an 8.33 kHz frequency, Sywell Information will be 122.705 WEF 1st April 2018 Aircraft unable to comply will need to operate NORDO subject to an AFIS briefing. Aircraft that are NORDO will not be permitted to fly circuits or out of hours.
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
8. New Grass Rwy 14/32 now marked, awaiting Licensing.
9. Rwy 03L/21R New PERM Runway edge, threshold and touchdown lights installed. Exercise caution when turning or vacating this runway.
10. Revised Helicopter Joining Procedures. Heli ATZ Entry/Exit points now via "Heli East, Heli West, Heli Northeast"
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
1. Old Warden Aerobatic displays 3nms radius sfc-3400' amsl 0830-1800 daily 16-20 Apr
2. Coventry All instrument procedures and ATC services withdrawn. AFIS now available. Changes to RFF Category.
3. Cranfield Frequency Change: Apri 1st 2018 APP-122.855, TWR-134.930, ATS-121.880
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:-
SLOT 1 1100-1120; SLOT 2 1300-1320; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 30th Apr - TBN
Tues 1st May - Blades 2018 Launch Event PM Pax flying 1715-1725 Tiger Moth Display 1745-1800 Blades Display
Wed 25th Apr - Slots 1, 2 & 3
Thur 26th Apr - Slot 3 plus some passenger flying
Fri 27th Apr - All 3 slots
Sat 28th Apr - Nothing Planned
Sun 29th Apr - Nothing Planned
Please see the events page.