Fixed wing ops: Use caution (see below) Helicopter ops: Use caution (see below)
Runway in use: 21, circuit direction: RH, closing at: 1730.
Information current as of 12:06 on 30/10/2020 (local).
COVID 19 UPDATE
wef 15th July the Aerodrome Operating hours will be as folows;
Mondays - Aerodrome unlicensed, no AFIS, RFFS or fuel available
Tuesdays - Aerodrome Licensed AFIS, RFFS Cat 1 and fuel available
Wednesdays Thursdays & Fridays - Aerodrome Licensed AFIS, RFFS Cat 2 and fuel available
Weekends - Aerodrome unlicensed No AFIS or RFFS. Fuel available, no rotors running JETA1
AFIS hours will be 0900-1300 and 1330-1730
Blades slots will be amended to;
1000-1020, 1200-1220 and 1500-1520
Mon-Fri Rwy 03L/21R Restricted use
CAUTION WIP SE CORNER new taxyway Alpha extension and Blister hangar construction
Unofficial Weather - 1205 210/15G24 10km Nil BKN 1000'(Est) QH1012 E997 OAT +15 DP +8
Weather Warnings - nil
RFF Category ~ 1
Sunset ~ 1637
Blades Flying Programme ~ See below
RNAV (GNSS) Instrument Approach Slots ~ The ATZ will be sterilised prior to the commencement of any IAP. All aircraft will need to land or leave the ATZ prior to an IAP.
Booked slots and aircraft type;
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
2. Drone operating Mondays, east side of A43 between Sywell and Overstone roundabouts up to 80m agl
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
4. Mon-Fri Rwy 03L/21R restricted use to aircraft at all times
5. New AFIS telephone number 01604 801630
6. Mon 26th Oct - Crane operating at Beckworth Emporium (just off eastern AD boundary) all day up to 25m agl
7. CAUTION; Building 250m in the undershoot to Rwy 03R
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
1. Cranfield AD closed, no ATS available until 131830 Oct 20 (L4640/20)
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:- NOTE CHANGES TO AM SLOT TIMES
SLOT 1 1000-1020; SLOT 2 1200-1220; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 26th Oct ~
Tue 27th Oct ~
Wed 28th Oct~
Thu 29th Oct ~
Fri 30th Oct ~
Please see the events page.