Fixed wing ops: OK Helicopter ops: OK
Runway in use: 23, circuit direction: LH, closing at: 1800.
Information current as of 13:50 on 20/06/2018 (local).
New AFIS Frequency 122.705 MHz now in use at Sywell
Tues 19th June 2018
ALL TIMES LOCAL
Unofficial Met Observation ~ 0830 220/09 9999 SCT 2100'(E) QNH 1021 QFE 1006 OAT +17/ +11
Weather Warnings ~ Nil
Helicopter Circuit ~ RH
Sunset ~ 2128
Warnings (See below for 2 Excel programme) ~
1. All Fixed wing & Microlight pilots departing on runways 21R, 21L and 23 are requested to climb straight
ahead to 500 feet before turning
2. Sywell AFIS Frequency Change. Due to the change over to an 8.33 kHz frequency, Sywell Information will be 122.705 WEF 1st April 2018 Aircraft unable to comply will need to operate NORDO subject to an AFIS briefing. Aircraft that are NORDO will not be permitted to fly circuits or out of hours.
3. A Quadcopter will fly over Sywell Reservoir weekdays 1330-1440 max height 300' AGL
4. As of 1st August 2018, the frequency for Turweston will be 122.180
8. New Grass Rwy 14/32 now marked, awaiting Licensing.
9. Rwy 03L/21R New PERM Runway edge, threshold and touchdown lights installed. Exercise caution when turning or vacating this runway.
10. Revised Helicopter Joining Procedures. Heli ATZ Entry/Exit points now via "Heli East, Heli West, Heli Northeast"
NOTAMS. Pilots are responsible for making a more comprehensive check.
2. Coventry All instrument procedures and ATC services withdrawn. AFIS now available. Changes to RFF Category.
3. Cranfield Frequency Change: Apri 1st 2018 APP-122.855, TWR-134.930, ATS-121.880
2 Excel Programme (Aerobatics may take place during AFIS hours 3nms radius ARP up to 5000' AGL UK AIP AD2-EGBK-1-5 Para 4e refers) No movements permitted during displays.)
BLADES AEROBATIC PROGRAMME:-
SLOT 1 1100-1120; SLOT 2 1300-1320; SLOT 3 1500-1520 (all times local)
Mon 25th Jun - Nothing Planned
Mon 2nd Jul - Nothing Planned
Tue 26th Jun - Slots 1, 2 and 3
Tue 3rd Jun - Nothing Planned
Wed 20th Jun - Nothing Planned
Wed 27th Jun - Slots 1, 2 and 3
Thu 21st Jun - Slots 1, 2 and 3
Thu 28th Jun - Slots 1, 2 and 3
Fri 22nd June - Slot 1
Fri 29th Jun - Slots 1, 2 and 3
Sat 23rd June - Nothing Planned
Sat 30th Jun - Displays at Scarborough and Cleethorpes plus Blades Ball
Sun 24th Jun - Nothing Plannedl
Sun 1st Jul - Nothing Planned
Please see the events page.