Sywell Aviation Museum News
6th September 2010
On Saturday 4th September, members of the Museum visited The Old Drill Hall, Wellingborough to rescue nine anti-tank blocks which were to be crushed prior to the imminent demolition of the building. Constructed in 1940 to thwart the expected German invasion, such blocks are rare this far northward - with the Museum's extension complete, we needed them to add to those already saved (they stop people driving into the hut!!).
Their recovery was able to take place due to the kind offices of Pete Walton, Les Bristowe of PGR Construcion, Tony Gale of MGWSP and John Udall of The Borough Council of Wellingborough - thanks to them another bit of local wartime history has been saved!